Google Earth provides an opportunity to see a close-up of any part of the world, and some places to explore from a distance of several meters. Shows satellite images, including a relief with three-dimensional reconstruction of buildings. You can find routes and businesses using Google Maps and mark places or draw on maps directly in Google Earth.
• A three-dimensional model of the globe with satellite images, maps and other data applied to it.
• Virtual camera, thanks to which the user can easily get to any point of the Earth.
• Explore not only the Earth, but also the Moon with Mars.
• Interactive 3D models of buildings and other large objects.
• Names of settlements, streets, geographical objects, airports, roads …
• Tags and photos of users.
• Distance measurement function.
• Ability to save Google Earth search, settings and bookmarks.
• Ability to view images of outer space, models of the Moon and Mars.
• The mode of viewing streets of cities and other settlements.
• Advantages: search for businesses and routes, a variety of different layers, complete freedom of movement.
• Google Earth automatically picks up images and other data necessary for the user from the Internet, stores them in the computer’s memory and on the hard disk for later use. The downloaded data is stored on the disk, and the next time you start the program, only new data is downloaded, which saves you a lot of traffic.
• To visualize the image, a three-dimensional model of the entire globe (taking into account the altitude above sea level) is used, which is displayed on the screen using DirectX or OpenGL interfaces. It is in the three-dimensionality of the landscapes of the Earth’s surface that the main difference between the Google Earth program and its predecessor Google Maps is located. The user can easily navigate anywhere in the world by controlling the position of the “virtual camera”.
• Virtually the entire surface of the land is covered with images obtained from DigitalGlobe, and have a resolution of 15 m per pixel. There are separate areas of the surface (usually covering the capitals and some major cities in most countries of the world), which have more detailed permission. For example, Moscow was taken with a resolution of 0.6 m / pc, and many cities in the US – with a resolution of 0.15 m / pc. The terrain data has a resolution of the order of 100 m.
• There is also a huge amount of additional data that can be connected as desired by the user. For example, names of settlements, water bodies, airports, roads, railway, etc. information. In addition, for many cities there are more detailed information – street names, shops, refueling, hotels, etc. There is a geodatabase (synchronized via the Internet with the appropriate database), which shows (with spatial reference) links to articles from Wikipedia. In Russia you can see the street names of all cities in the central regions.
• Users can create their own labels and overlay their images over satellite ones (these can be maps, or more detailed images obtained from other sources). These tags can be exchanged with other users of the program through the Google Earth Community forum. Sent to this forum tags become after about a month are visible to all users of Google Earth.
• The program has a layer of “3D Buildings”, with three-dimensional models, added by developers or by users, through the service 3D Warehouse. In the cities of Russia you can find models of some significant monuments of architecture.
• Distance measurement function.
• Technology Google Sky, which allows you to view the starry sky.
• Ability to view a three-dimensional map of the bottom of the seas and oceans.
Features of the Pro-version:
• The program has a built-in flight simulator (you have to press Ctrl + Alt + a to start).
• View data layers for demographics, land plots and traffic congestion (USA).
• Advanced GIS import capabilities.
• Measurement of the area, length and perimeter of land.
• Print screenshots in high resolution.
• Create stunning offline movies.
Features of repackaging:
1. Combined in one distribution program installation or unpacking portable (PortableApps format) version
2. Interface languages Russian / English / Ukrainian (the rest are deleted)
3. Picks up the external settings.reg file (if located next to the installer)
Year : 2018
OS : Windows 8 / Vista / XP /
10/7 Interface : ML / English
Medicine : Not required
Size : 77.3 MB